Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

When i try to print from my laptop it only prints black. if

Customer Question

when i try to print from my laptop it only prints black. if i copy on my printer i can get colour
JA: Does your printer have a self-cleaning feature? (If so, you may have to run this several times to see results.)
Customer: how can i tell if i have this
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last replace the ink or toner? Have you tried wiping down the metal contacts on your printer and cartridges (if applicable)?
Customer: yes if i put a colour photo in the printer and copy there is not a problem
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 21 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please