Rei Guimmayen
Rei Guimmayen, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional
106499931

After waiting one week I have received phone call saying

Customer Question

After waiting one week I have received phone call saying contact apple.con recover. I do not know my password ***** my ipad so I am unable to use it.
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: For as long as I can remember I have always used the finger touch. I have not changed any password
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: Initially I went to the Apple store in Kingston two weeks ago. I am an old lady so am not sure what you mean
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Computer
Expert:  Rei Guimmayen replied 18 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, an independent Q&A site. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

** NOTE: If you get an offer for premium service, please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me.

Here's how you can fix the issue.

If you enter the wrong passcode too many times, you’ll see a message that your iPad is disabled. If you can’t remember your passcode, you need to erase your iPad, which deletes your data and settings, including the passcode.

If you backed up your iPad, you can restore your data and settings after restoring your iPad. If you never backed up your iPad before you forgot your passcode, you won't be able to save the data on your iPad. Follow the steps below to remove your passcode.

You need a computer to follow these steps. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Remove the passcode on an iPad that has Face ID

1. Make sure that your iPad isn't connected to your computer.
  2. Press and hold the Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPad. Then connect your iPad to your computer while holding the Top button. Keep holding the Top button until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. If you backed up your iPad, after you remove the passcode, restore your data and settings.

Remove the passcode on an iPad that has a Home button

2. Press and hold the Top button until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your iPad. Then connect your iPad to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screIf you backed up your iPad, after you remove the passcode, restore your data and settings.

Restore your iPad

1. Locate your iPad on your computer. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore. The Finder or iTunes will download software for your iPad. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your iPad will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat the steps above to remove your passcode.
  1. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your iPad.

For more information, please refer to this link >> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211078

If you’re not successful, you can call Apple support at 0800(###) ###-####/strong>

Please let me know if you have follow up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Please see my previous message for my answer to your question. Thanks.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I wish to cancel my membership
Expert:  Rei Guimmayen replied 17 days ago.

I'm a site user like you, so I don't have access to your account details or charges, but customer service would be glad to help you with that. To cancel your subscription, please contact customer service at https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us