Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

We cannot get the box to show purple before blue and

Customer Question

we cannot get the box to show purple before blue and consequently we are not getting any signal
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: the BT box
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: not sure what you need we were sent the 'box' and hub by BT when we joined this sysytem
JA: The Network Technician will be able to walk you through that. Who makes your router?
Customer: it's a BT Hub
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: we tried checking all the connections. They seemed to be ok. A red light is showing where it is normally purple and when we press the on button on the remote nothing happens..
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.Thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please