Sudipto
Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance
15197395

I came home from living in Dubai, set up my Apple mac then

Hi I came home from living in Dubai, set up my Apple mac then used my macbook air. Now can't remember the password ***** the desktop mac. I need help to reset it.
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: My apple ID hasn't changed although the apple password ***** Everything works fine on my macbook air, but I can't get in to the desktop
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: No, not sure how to do that, (I'm a clanky mech engineer!)
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I'll make my way to the study where the desk is and await. Thank you

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm Sudipto and I'm happy to assist you today with your problem. I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK I think we just forget everything. I will try another route!

There are three ways to reset the password, I am posting all the three ways below, follow the steps accoding to your convinience.

Reset your login password ***** your Apple ID

If you associated your user account with your Apple ID, you can use your Apple ID to reset your login password.

1. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password ***** then click the arrow next to “reset it using your Apple ID”.

2. Enter an Apple ID and password, then click Next.

Follow the instructions to reset your login password.

Reset your login password ***** a recovery key

If you turned on FileVault encryption and created a recovery key, you can use the recovery key to reset your login password.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart.

2. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password ***** then click the arrow next to “reset it using your recovery key”.

3. Enter the recovery key, then click Next.

Reset the password ***** another user

An administrator can reset the passwords of other users.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.

2. Click the lock icon to unlock it, then enter an administrator name and password.

3. Select a user, then click Reset Password.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I do not have a question mark in the password *****

Pleae check the steps from the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT202860

You can watch the video from the link below also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mzeKgG_9k0&feature=youtu.be

Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience: Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance

Welcome to JustAnswer.com a Question & Answer Paid Service. My name is ***** ***** JustAnswer Expert and I will be assisting today.

Hello, let me try to help you check the issue with Apple ID account.