Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Can’t get email on outlook. Don’t remember Password.

JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking Outlook from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: connection is fine. Think it’s outlook. Email finishes with @live.co.uk
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: dont think so. Got message out of the blue to authenticate my email by inserting my password. Thought I knew it. But didn’t work. Tried several others. No show. Completed my email address when asked. But didn’t get code sent to my phone.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don’t know. What do you need?

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please use my link below to reset the password
https://account.live.com/password/reset
Once the password ***** ***** try to sign into the account.
Please let me know exactly what happens

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
You sent me to Microsoft password ***** that I had already tried numerous times. Still no code coming to me. Just been told to try again tomorrow. What can Ido now?

Please click this link

https://join.zoho.eu/7621171006

And open the file that downloads

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Clicked to open file but nothing happened

It opens a new page when you click the link

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No it doesn’t. Nothing happens when I double click joinMac.dmg

ok, we will continue here.

What is the exact wording of the message you get when trying to reset the password ***** the link I gave you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Put in my name. Press download. Then download joinMac.dmg appears. Tells me to click twice. Nothing happens except zeho.eu appears.

we will continue here.

This link

https://account.live.com/password/reset

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Microsoft Image
Recover your account.
We can help you reset your password ***** security info. First enter your Microsoft account and follow the instructions below.
Email, Phone or Skype name.
Cancel Next

ok, complete the process there please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Put in my email address***@******.***. Promiseda code. Nothing happens.

You click Next

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don’t get the code. When I press next on the promised code box, I’m told code required

Where is the code being sent to?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
To my email address***@******.***

Can you please check in your Spam / Junk folder as most times the email will go into this.

Let me know if you cannot locate it please.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Nothing in either bin or junk from Tuesday. I followed instructions earlier from Microsoft to set up another email address***@******.***. (The U.K. here shouldn’t be appearing as capitals). They also have my phone number***********

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in. With it being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but there is no way back in. When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year they have completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Does this mean I lose all my contacts and have to give everyone anew email address? Should I follow the instruction to delete this account in my settings?

yes you do lose the contacts in it, but you cannot delete it as you have no access to it.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I do have a delete option, in red, in my settings which I never noticed before.

That is for the account you are signed into now, not the problem account.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Two questions. How come you couldn’t access my iPad remotely? And how did JustAnswer know I was having a problem with accessing my email?

You did not complete the instructions I gave you, Just Answer only knew you had an issue when you asked the question about the issue.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I did complete the instructions until I was told to double click on joinMac.dmg. Is that supposed to happen? Nothing happened after that. I thoughtI was giving you access.

It was not completed sorry but it would not change the results.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I didn’t ask Just Answer for assistance with my password ***** You came to me with an unsolicited text message at 08.53 this morning. How come?

I do not see this sorry, for any site questions please direct this to customer service on***@******.***

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sorry. Should have added that I’m still getting emails to my phone.

yes this is because it previously had the correct password ***** in.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can I ascertain the correct password ***** it? Or change the password ***** the account on the phone and then use the new password ***** the account on the iPad?

No sorry you cannot

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Been having trouble verifying my password ***** my iPad for my @live.co.uk account. Got an unsolicited email on my phone this morning at 8.53 am from a JustAnswer IT specialist offering to help. Engaged with this individual and paid £22 for assistance. He couldn’t actually help and suggested I delete my email account. My question is: How did JustAnswer know, in the first instance, I was having a problem with Apple and Microsoft regarding my account? I didn’t request help from JustAnswer.