Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a samsung 65 curved tv. When I switch on after a

I have a samsung 65 curved tv. When I switch on after a minute I get a message saying there is a problem with the cooling fan and it will switch off to prevent overheating. Any advice
JA: How old is your 65?
Customer: oh at a guess 8 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: i’ll check now bear with me
JA: How long has this been an issue with your 65? What happened right before this?
Customer: tv menu works and I get the message on other sources
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it happened a couple of times months ago but I just turned it off and back on a couple of minutes and it was ok

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok I’ll do that

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello done that but message still appears
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello are you there

ok, remove the power to the TV, and use a vacuum and vacuum out from the air vents on the back to get all the dust out.

Once done, power it up and tell me how it functions please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The air vents are on the bottom of the tv so do I vac them

yes

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok I’ve vac them, do I try it now

yes

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No it’s still coming with message
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello still fault

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal cooling fan that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.