James K.
James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My landline is faulty showing line engaged so no incoming or

My landline is faulty showing line engaged so no incoming or outgoing calls can be received or made.Its a problem with the outside connection box which occurs from time to time when gales and heavy rain occurs due to living on the coast.
JA: What's the brand/model of your phone system?
Customer: BT landline and receivers
JA: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It started yesterday with crackling on the line and my daughter tried to phone but the line was engaged so she phoned on my mobile around lunchtime.My son who is an electrician came to check it out and it is the outside connection box under the dining room window at the front of the house. I have lived here for over 40 years and this happens every few years,it just doesn’t affect just our property but others in the area.Ofcom had to be called out last time about 2/3 years ago
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes the last Ofcom engineer said that there was very little wire left to repair it again and possibly a new wire would have to be put in

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer, I am sorry you are having a techincal Issue

I know these can be Frustrating, I will be working with you to fix these issues to get you fixed up ASAP

Let me know when you are ready to continue

Cheers James

Text us

Text PHONE followed by your landline number to 61998.

(charge may apply at your standard rate)

• We’ll find out what’s going on by running tests on your connection.
  • If you need an engineer, we’ll text you in 15 mins to book a slot.
  • If not, our brilliant UK and Ireland based team will call you within 30 mins to help solve your issue.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
PHONE***********61998