Tom
Tom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  over 10 years of fixing windows computers and 8 years of Mac experience
15873684

I have a new iPad and was allowed £60 to send my old one for

I have a new iPad and was allowed £60 to send my old one for recycling. I was told not to forward the old one if the battery was damaged and to wipe it clear before sending. The old iPad would not charge hence the reason for the new one. Does that mean the battery is damaged and I am unable to clear it of my details, password, etc. Can you please advise me what to do. Many thanks.
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: BT
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Ipad
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing yet. I did try and email you my question but it seems to have disappeared! Can I send it again please?
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is a question about recycling my old iPad.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I’ll be happy to help
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you have my question?
Unfortunately if the ipad won’t turn on at all you won’t be able to erase it. If you had a passcode on it then your data would be safe if someone replaced the battery
You could also use icloud if the old ipad is connected to icloud to erase it, if it ever comes back onlinehttps://support.apple.com/guide/icloud/erase-a-device-mmfc0ef36f/icloud