Rafi
Rafi, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

My Mac’s asking for the password for user of my

Customer Question

Hi, my Mac’s asking for the password ***** user of my btinternet.com which is not my email password *****(?) I forgot my user password ***** don’t know how to reset it
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: my iPhone is the same (( ant to get to
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I have a phone number and think I remember my questions. I reset my btinternet email password ***** this is a different one . Am I right ?
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t understand the difference between my btinternet.com user password ***** my btinternet.email password (((
Category: Computer
Expert:  Rafi replied 16 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid Question, and Answer support site. I am Rafi with 16+ years of experience and will try to do my best to help you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi, my MAC is asking for a password ***** user***@******.*** which is not my email password ***** I realized and I forgot that password ***** cannot reset it
Expert:  Rafi replied 16 days ago.

Apple takes account of privacy and security very seriously. Please take the time to carefully read and do the instructions

If you forgot your Apple computer password ***** will need restore your system, please note your files will be erased, this will show you how to get this done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSQsM6T7LXU

If you have iCloud enabled on your Mac you can you can use this link to reset your password ***** get back into the computer: https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thanks

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I just wanted you to help me and already paid £5 ! That’s is the most strange and suspicious what you asking !!!
Expert:  Rafi replied 16 days ago.

I kindly request that you please scroll up. I have posted a reply for you that explains your questions above, please let me know if your not seeing it and I will repost it for you. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I’ve read all that but that’s not what Im asking . I’m asking how to reset my BTinternet.com USER ID
Expert:  Rafi replied 16 days ago.

To reset the user name it would have to be done through BT directly. You can use this link: https://www.bt.com/help/contact-us