Andrew Balfour
Andrew Balfour,
Experience:  Electronics Technician at KINGSWOOD DOMESTIC APPLIANCE LTD
110699312

I recently boughta Snowdon sound bar but I cannot get rid of

Customer Question

I recently boughta Snowdon sound bar but I cannot get rid of the excessbass sound in the background music
JA: Who makes your speaker or sound system?
Customer: Majority
JA: What have you tried so far with your sound system?
Customer: Reducing the bass on my tv but with limited success
JA: Anything else you want the Audio/Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only means of connection to the tv is with the audio cable to the headphone socket
Category: Computer
Expert:  Andrew Balfour replied 19 days ago.

Greetings and Welcome to JustAnswer.

I am Andrew your Support Technician with over 30 years of experience, it can be very frustrating when electronic devices go wrong but from my experience misconfiguration are usually the problem and they can be quickly resolved with the right advice and assistance. Please allow me a few moments to investigate, I will respond at the earliest either requesting more information or providing further information.

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your question. It sounds like you are experiencing trouble with your Snowdon Soundbar which is producing excessive bass. I have reviewed the manual and can confirm the there is no built-in function where you can manage the Balance, Treble and Bass, however, has modes you can change to which will produce sounds in various ways. Please refer to the instructions I have composed below to understand more information regarding the mode functions available.

1. MUSIC mode Manually change BASS and TRE settings between 0Db and +8Db
  2. DIALOG mode BASS+ BASS- TRE+ TRE- functions disabled
  3. MOVIE mode BASS+ BASS- TRE+ TRE- functions disabled
  4. FLAT mode Restore to default settings + manually change BASS and TRE settings between -8Db and +8Db.

I hope the information provided today helps to amend your sound settings and if you have any questions or require any further assistance, please let me know and I will do my best to answer those!

Andrew

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Have tried what you advsed and selected movie mode. The background music is still there but at a bearable level. I will have to let my wife hear it but if she doesn't like it I will have to send the equipment back.Thank you for your help.

I'm sorry to hear that, is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No thing else at the moment .Thank you for your help.

I wish you all the best.