Tech-Expert
Tech-Expert, PC Support Specialist
Experience:  Technical Support Engineer
104823085

I would to restore my old email address, Was Hotmail now it

Customer Question

I would to restore my old email address
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Was Hotmail now it is outlook
JA: How do you usually access Outlook? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Tablet I think. Not sure about web browser
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Could I speak to someone please
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tech-Expert replied 11 days ago.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.

I understand that you are facing an issue in log into your email account. If that is correct, I will be glad to help you in fixing the issue.

Kindly follow the instructions below to recover your Microsoft account:

Microsoft allows its users to reset the password ***** one of two different ways. Below, I have written out the instructions for each of the two options.

Option 1:

• Go to the account recovery form: https://account.live.com/password/reset
  • Enter the email address linked with the account and click on Next.
  • You will be prompted with the options to verify your identity.
  • You will now be asked to send a code to your recovery phone number or email address.
  • Select the option in which you need to get the code and click on Next and click on Get code.
  • A verification code will be sent to your Microsoft recovery phone number or email address and then enter the code you received, click on Next.
  • Once you verify the identity, you can reset the password

NOTE: You must have access to the recovery phone number or recovery email address to recover the account. If not please try contacting your phone service provider and check if you are able to get back that number.

Option 2:

If you are unable to recover the account using the above instructions, you can submit a request to Microsoft using the below link. They will review the request and get back to you.

https://account.live.com/ACSR