SaloniM
SaloniM, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Applications
110384226

How can I restore my deleted chat, I deleted by mistake,

How can I restore my deleted chat, I deleted by mistake
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: IPhone 8 and IBook
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It is a Mac Book Pro
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing really I unfortunately deleted my WhatsApp chat to one person by mistake
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

May I know with whom I have the pleasure of speaking with?

Please follow the below steps to restore your deleted chat from backup:

1. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
  2. Open WhatsApp and verify your number.
  3. When prompted, tap RESTORE to restore your chats and media from Google Drive.
  4. After the restoration process is complete, tap NEXT. Your chats will be displayed once the initialization is complete.
  5. WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files after your chats are restored.

If you install WhatsApp without any prior backups from Google Drive, WhatsApp will automatically restore from your local backup file.

You can also refer to the below link for more details:

https://faq.whatsapp.com/android/chats/how-to-restore-your-chat-history/?lang=en

Hope it helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I did that yesterday it only restored the ones from the cloud not the ones I deleted by mistake
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can you help please

Unfortunately, you only recover the chat if it is stored either in local phone backup or in the cloud backup.

If you want to restore a local backup that isn't the most recent one, you'll need to do the following:

1. Download a file manager app.
  2. In the file manager app, navigate to sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases. If your data isn't stored on the SD card, you might see "internal storage" or "main storage" instead of sdcard.
  3. Rename the backup file you want to restore from msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12 to msgstore.db.crypt12. It's possible that an earlier backup might be on an earlier protocol, such as crypt9 or crypt10. Don't change the number of the crypt extension.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
  5. Tap RESTORE when prompted.

Hope it helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Why can’t I use my password?

Hi, May I know which password ***** you referring to?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can’t sort out my problem
Which file manager to you suggest
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Why is nobody answering

You can use any of the file manager:

• FileApp.
  • File Hub.
  • File Manager.
  • File Master
  • MyMedia.

Thanks for requesting a remote session.

Your remote request is open to all the experts now, someone soon will take your system on remote and will fix it for you

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am afraid your support has been useless and i have not been able to sort out my problem

Unfortunately, if you don't have any WhatsApp backup stored in your cloud or local device for that day then you will not be able to recover the chats.

Hope it helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni