David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

I was talking to you concerning my tv box. I cannot get it

I was talking to you concerning my tv box. I cannot get it to connect to broadband ...my router has been showing flashing green lights for 2 days now and we have had no tv all weekend.
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: No
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: The bottom one is flashing green and the one shaped like a fan is constant green
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just get our tv working please

My name is***** for the trouble.

Memory errors in network devices often cause this type of connectivity problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord and remove the battery from the router/modem as well. Wait 3 minutes for the device memory to drain (which will remove any erroneous data). Then reinstall the battery if it has one, plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then power down the cable box (unplug power), wait 3 minutes and plug power back in after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Also make sure to plug the cable box directly into a wall socket and not into a power strip or surge protector when you do this.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I still can't get the lights on router to stop flashing green
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
what happens in the meantime. We will be paying for a service we are not getting.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can you ring me tomorrow?