Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have changed my sim. I cannot change my phone no on my

I have changed my sim. I cannot change my phone no on my amazon account as the verification email goes to the old number. How do I change phone no of my amazon account
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: Gmail
JA: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: Web Browser and phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just trying to access and getting into the same loop. There seems to be no help on the net although On chatlines it seems others have same prob
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No THANKS

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please call the phone number linked to the account and see if someone answers it.

If so, please ask then for the code and use this to reset the password.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Phone switched off
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Anyone there

As duiscussed,

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in. With it being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but there is no way back in. When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address.

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year they have completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The password ***** ***** the prob its the phone no. does that make a diff?

No it does not as you cannot verify access