Rafi
Rafi, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

I seem to have 2 numbers on my iPhone, my old number which I

I seem to have 2 numbers on my iPhone, my old number which I had transferred over a few days ago, plus the number giffgaff gave me. It’s causing confusion. What’s the best thing to do ?
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It’s an iPhone se 2nd generation. Not sure which OS it is.
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This phone is very new to me, Have looked at lots of ideas on giffgaff, e.g. re- inserting the sim etc but not done that yet. I definitely got the PAC code from tescomobile in order to transfer my old number, went through the procedure. I’m at a loss.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, how to access e-mail , and sort out WhatsApp! I get e-mails on my iPad but so far, nothing on the iPhone.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid Question, and Answer support site. I am Rafi with 16+ years of experience and will try to do my best to help you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your phones. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Have looked at lots of ideas on giffgaff, e.g. re-inserting the sim, but not actually tried anything yet.

You will need to reset the device to factory settings to be able to get back in and/or clear any system errors. Please take the time to carefully read and do the instructions

1. Tap the Settings icon and then tap "General.”
  2. Tap "Reset" and then tap "Erase All Contents and Settings."
  3. Enter your iPad’s/iPhones passcode to confirm you have the privileges to do this.

Please note you will not lose your contacts.

If the above step is not an option you will need to do the information provided below

We will need to reset the device to be able to get back in and address this natter.

This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do a system restore through finder/iTunes.

At this time the steps outlined above are the only options.

If you still can't get the device fix with the reset a technician service request must be made by Apple and/or your carrier of choice.

If you need to contact a live person with Apple customer service you can find this information here: https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0245&symptom_id=23362

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you. Thanks.