Scott L
Scott L, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience with PC hardware and software. Currently own and operate PC Service.
15046804

I think that I have removed the Linux cmd line by

I think that I have removed the Linux cmd line by partitioning my disk with a Linux partition.
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: all can see is Pixelbook on the keyboard & Google logo on the outside of the case.
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It bought directly from google
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

hello there,

Thanks a lot for the question, my pleasure to help you today!

Please, give me some time to read the question and understand your problem. We may need to try different thing until the problem is solved, but I will always stand by.

Install a default install on the system that you want to restore.
Install the Linux File System iDataAgent on the default install.
Create and mount a root file system on the system that you want to restore.
If any additional file systems were lost, create and mount them as well.

What is the OS name?

Scott L, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 20+ years experience with PC hardware and software. Currently own and operate PC Service.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you. Are you ready to begin or do you need a few moments?

I see that you had requested remote assistance. If you are still interested, we can do that however your problem might be able to be resolved quickly without it. I can cancel it so you are not billed or I can show you how I can connect to you. Its up to you of course.

Now to solve your problem, can you tell me what distribution of Linux this is regarding? Examples are Mint Linux, Ubuntu, Centos, etc...

I see that you might be away from your computer and I will provide my answer. Please rest assured that this does not end the conversation; whenever you are ready you can continue asking me questions regarding this matter without any additional costs until you are fully satisfied with the answer.

You can not uninstall the Linux shell as it is the core of the system. However, you could have uninstalled the graphical environment application that you normally use to open a command session. Try this, By default in Ubuntu and Linux Mint the terminal shortcut key is mapped to Ctrl+Alt+T. This should open a command line session for you. Take a look at what program it is using as a terminal emulator. When you need to go into command line, you can always press the key combination I provided or search for the terminal emulator program that it opens (you can create shortcuts to that program for easier access too).

Have a great day :)