Rafi
Rafi, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  IT Manager
106284071

It needs resetting, old iPad, Took it to a high street shop

Customer Question

It needs resetting
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: old iPad
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took it to a high street shop and they messed it up
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will also like to retrieve my contacts from the iCloud this got mess up on my phone
Category: Computer
Expert:  Rafi replied 15 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, an independent paid Question, and Answer support site. I am Rafi with 15+ years of experience and will try to do my best to help you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. May I know what troubleshooting have you done?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok Rafi I’ve done no trouble shooting as I took my iPad to a high street shop
Expert:  Rafi replied 15 days ago.

You will need to reset the device to factory settings to be able to get back in and/or clear any system errors. Please take the time to carefully read and do the instructions

1. Tap the Settings icon and then tap "General.”
  2. Tap "Reset" and then tap "Erase All Contents and Settings."
  3. Enter your iPad’s/iPhones passcode to confirm you have the privileges to do this.

Please note you will not lose your contacts.

If the above step is not an option you will need to do the information provided below

We will need to reset the device to be able to get back in and address this natter.

This will require you to connect your device to a computer and do a system restore through finder/iTunes.

At this time the steps outlined above are the only options.

If you still can't get the device fix with the reset a technician service request must be made by Apple and/or your carrier of choice.

If you need to contact a live person with Apple customer service you can find this information here: https://getsupport.apple.com/?caller=kbase&PGF=PGF63005&category_id=SC0245&symptom_id=23362

Expert:  Rafi replied 15 days ago.

Thank you very much for your time & patience while I typed up your response. Let me know if you have any follow up questions. I am here to help you. Thanks.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Rafi do you have a service where I can send in the iPad for repair
Expert:  Rafi replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok Rafiq how do I regain my contact
Expert:  Rafi replied 14 days ago.