SaloniM
SaloniM, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Applications
110384226

I was working on my Desktop PC with Widows 10 OS. I went to

I was working on my Desktop PC with Widows 10 OS. I went to do something else for an hour or so, but I left the PC on. When I came back, my PC was hacked and Windows 10 OS corrupted, so the PC was locked and I wasn't able to login Windows and use my PC.
JA: What's the brand/model of your laptop?
Customer: Lenovo Desktop Ideacentre
JA: What Lenovo model do you have?
Customer: Ideacentre AIO 300 Series
JA: How long has this been going on with your Lenovo? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The problem is that my PC was hacked so the Window 10 OS is corrupted and the PC is blocked. I cannot login on windows to use my PC. The solution is to reinstall Windows 10 OS. My question is how to reinstall Window 10 OS on my PC, but i don know how to install it. I know that by reinstalling Windows 10, all the software installed in the PC as well as all the work in the PC Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos, etc. will be deleted. Thus, my question is how to reinstall the Windows 10 OS to my PC. I have the Microsoft Licence for Windows 10.
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The major point is that my PC is not operational. Thus, I need to 1) get the Windows 10 OS from Microsoft; 2) switch on my PC and immediately press the F12 key, I think, to go to the internals of the PC; and 3) install it. However, I don't know how to do these 3 steps. Also, there should be I think additional procedures, which I am not aware of, to complete the installation.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer tech support, I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I look forward to helping you. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
May I know the exact error message you're getting while turning on the system?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
indeed! This is wonderful. When you can do it and how long it will take? You probably know that my PC is blocked!

Please follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

1. On the sign-in screen, press and hold the Shift key, click the power icon, select Restart, and continue pressing the Shift key until the Choose an option screen displays.

2. Click Troubleshoot.

3. Click Reset this PC, and then click Remove everything.

4. Click Only the drive where Windows is installed.

5. Click Just remove my files, and then click Reset.

Windows reinstalls the operating system. When complete the Windows welcome screen displays.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have accepted this offer for £22 and I believe that you have charged my card. Also, We need to arrange and agree a suitable time for both of us to do this. Please, confirm: 1) Was my card payment okay? 2) Please, give me three (3) time options when you are free to do this job. I will select one of your available times which is okay with me. Please consider that I am usually available in the afternoon, i.e. from 12:00 h to 17;00 h.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I need to go now. Please, send me an email with your response and prompt me with a text to my mobile in order to check my email. Have a very good evening. Sincere thanks and warm regards, Vojo
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks. I was not aware that it is not possible to give control to my PC to a remote assistant. Would you confirm please that you charged my card for £22. Thanks and regards, Vojo

Sorry, I don't have access to billing So please contact our customer support via the link below

You can also call the billing customer support by dialling the following number

• United Kingdom 0808(###) ###-####/p>

• Ireland 1800 760 906

They will cancel the remote charge for you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dear Saloni,
I have performed the procedure you provided step-by-step. In Step 5, I clicked "Reset" as required and the process continued. After circa 4 hours, the process stopped displaying the following message:Version 2.17.1249 Copyright (C) 2015 American Megatrends, Inc.
BIOS Date 12/28/2015 14:50:47 Ver: O1LKT25AA configuration change was requested to Clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module)WARNING: Clearing erases information stored in the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys.Press F12 the Clear the TPM
Press ESC to reject this change and continueHonestly, I don't know which option I should select to continue, i.e.
1. Press F12 the Clear the TPM; OR
2. Press ESC to reject this change and continueI think that this could be option 2. Press ESC, but I am not sure.
I would like to ask you please to reply to me at your earliest convenience "which option I should apply to continue".Sincere thanks and warm regards,
Vojo
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Dear Saloni,I am very happy to inform you that I have Recovered/Fixed my PC.I recognized the the message is relating exclusively to the BIOS, which is not part of the Windows OS,Therefore:I pressed ESC to reject this change and continued.This was the correct option and it worked!My PC is recovered!I would like to thank you very much for your help.Sincere thanks and warm regards,
Vojo

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't have any more questions regarding Microsoft. I am a member now, so I'll call you when need help.
Thank you very much.
Sincere thank and warm regards,
Vojo

You're most welcome. Have a nice day!

You can reach out to me directly using the below link:

http://justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=110384226&FID=0

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Dear Saloni,I hope that you and your family are doing well.I resolved my major problem applyng the procedure you provided step-by-step. However, I have now a minor but anoing problem. Namely, every time I switch-on, quickly my PC displays the same message always:Version 2.17.1249 Copyright (C) 2015 American Megatrends, Inc.
Press ESC to reject this change and continueI always press ESC to reject this change and continue.Just for 2-3 seconds, the following two options are displayd:
Press F1: Go to Setup
Press F12: Go to Boot MenueHowever, the system by-passes them and the Windows login screen appears. Thus, I enter my PIN and start working on my PC.(For your information, I reinstalled all the software I need and restored all my files from my USB drive.)Therefore, I would like to ask you please to help me to resolve this very anoing problem.I would appreciate your help very much.Sincere thanks and warm regard,
Vojo

Daer Vojo,

Greetings for the day!

Thank you for reaching out. May I know the exact error messege you're getting?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you for your quick reply.
The entire mssage is given above.
The message strats with the following line:
"Version 2.17.1249 Copyright (C) 2015 American Megatrends, Inc."
and ends with the following line:
"Press ESC to reject this change and continue".After I press ESC to reject this change and continue,
just for 2-3 seconds, the following two options are displayd:
Press F1: Go to Setup
Press F12: Go to Boot Menue
However, the system by-passes them and the Windows login screen appears.Kind Regards,
Vojo

• Go to your BIOS and load default settings. Also, check the date and time in BIOS.
  • If you don’t have a floppy drive then Disable the Floppy Mode option in BIOS.
  • Look for the option “Halt On” and set it to “No Error”.
  • Press F10 to Save the settings and exit from BIOS.
  • If the problem still exists, change the CMOS battery – Go to BIOS, and load default settings.
  • Make sure to disable the floppy mode if you don’t have a floppy drive – Set the first boot device as “HDD” and save the settings and exit from BIOS.
  • If the problem exists then replace the CMOS battery on the motherboard.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you very much indeed.It was long ago when I was able to handle the machine software.Thus, I have the following questions relating the procedure above please:1. How to go to BIOS please?
The date and time are given in the mesage above, i.e. "BIOS Date 12/28/2015 14:50:47 Ver: O1LKT25A
"
Okay, firstly I will perform the first four (4) steps.Tell me please how to go to BIOS.Thanks and regards,

To enter BIOS via function key

Immediately press the F1 key 5-10 times after the power on button is pressed or restart the system and press F1 when the Lenovo logo is displayed.

Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,

Saloni

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you again.
Okay, I'll do the first fix of four steps.Thanks,
Vojo
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Wouyld you be able to fix this for me please by using "Secure Remote Assistnace". I will chck this option now and pay the £22. You have my card detail I believe.
Please confirme.
Many thanks, Vojo
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I'll give you the access to my PC!
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I used to know all this long ago but it is all gone now. The last 15 years I'm working on Risk Management.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
By the way, I have a degree in Electrical Engineering - Computer Science and Informatics back in 1977.

That's good to know. Remote assistance only works when the system is n a power-on state. The remote session does not apply in this case, dear.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Dear Saloni,
Please consider that I don’t have a floppy drive.
Loking forward to hear from you at your ealiest convenience.
Sincere thanks and warm regards,
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Dear Saloni,I'll try my best.I'll inform you on the outcome.Many thanks ane regards,
Vojo

You're most welcome.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Hi Saloni,I managed to access the "Lenovo BIOS Setup Utility" screen.
It shows "Enter Password", i.e. 10 characters field'.There are two options avalable:
Enter: Accept; and
Esc: CancelI don't know which password ***** ***** here?
1) Is this a new specific password ***** setup for my "Lenovo BIOS Setup Utility"
or
2) This is my PC Widows Password ***** that is, I have a PIN now.I entered / tried my PIN, but there are special chars in my PIN which are not allowe in the Passwor Field.It seems to me that this is a new password ***** the BIOS Utility, as there is an Accept option to set the password. Also, the "Enter BIOS Password" apeares the very first time during my PC recovery exercise.In addition, is the displayed
screen "Lenovo BIOS Setup Utility" expected in this scenario?
I would like to ask you please to clarify this to me and help me how to continue.Please reply to me at your first convenience .Mnay thanks and best regards,
Vojo

You can directly reach out to Lenovo support using their customer support number on###-##-####40. They will check this and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Dear Saloni,Thank you very much for your help.I would like to pay you £20 (GBP) for your help, but I dont know how to do this.
Please help me how to do this payment.Sincere thank and warm regrads,
Vojo

You're moat welcome. You can give me that as a bonus.

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. You can choose the option Write a review or give a bonus at your screen.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I just submited the review, but I cannot see the button for the Bonus, as previously.
So, how to do the Bonus?

Dear Vojo,

If you are facing any issue while sending us the bonus please reach out to our JustAnswer customer support by using the below link and phone number:

http://www.justanswer.com/help

0***-***-****

They will assist you with the process.

Kind Regards,

Saloni