Rei Guimmayen
Rei Guimmayen, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional
106499931

I have been locked out of my hotmail account. Not sure what

Customer Question

Good morning, I have been locked out of my hotmail account. Not sure what has happened but just would not let me in. Possibly hacked. When I go to get code sent all I constantly get is service temp unavailable. Has been saying this for days now. I have cleared the cache and everything. I have completed the verification form about 10 times with all the info I have but apparently its not enough. There is no way to contact anyone and I need to get to my emails.
JA: Are you logged into your Hotmail account on any other devices?
Customer: I am getting an error message on my phone and on my surface.
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: For some reason it is a house number but thats when it just says there is a temp error in this service. Not that temp as its been days. The email linked is not used anymore
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so
Category: Computer
Expert:  Rei Guimmayen replied 10 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer.com, an independent Q&A site. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

** NOTE: If you get an offer for premium service, please hold off on that for now. That offer is automatically generated by this website, not by me.

Here is how you can fix the issue.

1.To recover your account, please use this link: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

2. On the page, please enter your email address.

3. You will be asked for the recovery phone number or another email address associated with your account in question.

4. Enter the code that is sent to the phone number or recovery email address.

5. If online recovery didn't help you retrieve your account, kindly fill up this form >> account.live.com/acsr

You will be asked to enter your Name, birthday, Contacts, Email subjects, Security Answers. These information should be provided accurately to prove ownership of the account.

You may want to check this video tutorial that might help you recover your account: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RE1ZRwx

Please let me know if you have follow up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have done all of this and cannot get in!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Well that was a waste of £5 I am glad that you have told me everything that I knew already for free.
Expert:  Rei Guimmayen replied 9 days ago.

For refund, please contact customer service at https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us