Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

Just got myself a new laptop and I'm trying to get some help

Customer Question

Hi, just got myself a new laptop and I'm trying to get some help from McAfee who need to download some 3rd party apps, but the screen freezes at the moment, what should I do now please?
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?
Customer: MS
JA: When did you last update your McAfee software?
Customer: That's what I'm trying to do now, this is the first thing that I'm trying to do.
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, once that's done I have to phone McAfee back so that they can help me identify the product number.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the troubles you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your computer.

Just to confirm does your computer completely frozen?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, yes I'm at that infuriating stage when I've followed all the instructions but it still doesnt work properly! I've tried to download my McAfee card but hit a massive block by not being able to find the product key code. I rang them up and they suggested that I contact support and tell them that my computer is in S mode and request access to allow 3rd party apps'

Did you turn off S mode on your computer?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
see what I mean? I've entered the correct card number several times but it's not being accepted, I could scream!

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I dont know if I've turned off S mode or not - it might have been done when I first accessed the machine and turned it on

Since your laptop is frozen please follow the steps and let me know what happens. A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. We can continue to chat until we solve the issue.

• Please press and hold down your laptop's power button for 5-10 seconds to force shutdown it. Then disconnect any charger cable, keyboard, mouse, etc to the laptop. Wait 5 minutes. Then reconnect the power cable and press the power button once to turn it back on.

Once your laptop is turned back on please follow the instructions in the link below to turn off S mode on your computer

If you face any difficulty please get back to me and I will help you further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK, thanks, I'm not holding my breath at this stage but here goes

You are welcome!

Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 14 days ago.

You are welcome! we can continue to troubleshoot until we solve the issue.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, thanks for your help. Managed to remove S mode from the computer and everything worked perfectly after that and the McAfee software downloaded with no more hiccups. Thanks again for your help. Best wishes Barbara.
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 13 days ago.

You are very welcome! I am happy to help you. Thank you for using JustAnswer services. Have a nice day!
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks once again, but please check the answer I gave you by return - I have logged out of JustAnswer because I keep receiving this message from Anas. Barbara
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 10 days ago.

You are welcome. Please ignore that messages. Good night!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Please stop sending me your email stating that I have not looked at your answer. I have done so and successfully followed the instructions detailed, SO PLEASE STOP SENDING ME YOUR REQUEST TO LOOK AT YOUR REPLY with immediate effect and remove my details from your database. Miss Barbara *****.