Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

Please advise whether i can have free antivirus plan on my

Customer Question

please advise whether i can have free antivirus plan on my new latop? JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)? Customer: Huawei 13" laptop purchased from amazon this week JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop? Customer: i have BT internet/ mobile phone/ landline JA: What have you tried so far with your laptop? Have you installed any updates recently? Customer: yes i have installed Webroot @ £120 but friends tell me ishould have asked BT first as you may have a free antiviris. Please note i am a77Yr old pensioner and non techy. im trying to cancel webroot plan as i am within the legal 14day cooling off period. R***** G****** tel *****/****** Mob  JA: Is there anything else the Computer Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you. Customer: I need help and guidance please.

Category: Computer
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the troubles you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your computer.

There are many free Antivirus software available, but they will work better only if you purchase their premium version(or subscription). Another option is you can enable the Window's buit in Windows Defender AntiVirus Option. Windows Defender is a free Antivirus option. would like to enable that on your computer?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i would like Defender antivirus free option
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
there are no outstanding problems with my Laptop at present i just want the free option

Please click on the search icon/search bar at the bottom left corner then type windows security. This will show the Windows Security app and click on the app. From the resulting settings window Click Virus & threat protection. You can enable the protection thereby clicking Windows Defender AntiVirus Options. You can also enable further protection options on that settings window.

For detailed instruction please use the link given below.

A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. If you face any difficulty please get back to me and I will help you further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i am not techy i will have to seek help from family member to help me instal free defender.

Ok, you can also check the video walkthrough of the steps using the link given below

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i will have to come back to you later to seek support from family member

Ok. Have a nice day!

Ok. Have a nice day! Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas