Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I've got a HP G81-410SA laptop. It's running Windows 7

Hello, I've got a HP G81-410SA laptop. It's running Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10 on top. It's really clunky now. Can I upgrade to a SSD and ram to speed things up? I only use it occasionally so don't need to buy a new one.
Kind regards, David.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the troubles you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Laptop.

What is the current RAM memory on your Laptop?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm not sure. How do l find it I Windows 10?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm talking on an Apple device at the moment. The laptop is on.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That's ok.

Please allow me a moment to write the instructions for you.

Please follow the steps below to check RAM on your computer

1. Click the “Start” menu (Windows icon)
  2. Next, type “About Your PC” and press enter when the correct result appears.
  3. Under Device Specifications, you can see the Installed Ram on your computer.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
3.00 GB ram

Thanks for the info. I checked and see that your computer user a normal Hard disk and 3GB of RAM. Your laptop Supports up to 8 GB DDR2 memory. You can consider getting an SSD to improve the performance and bootup speed of the laptop. You can also add more RAM to improve the performance of the laptop. You can replace the hard disk with SSD by visiting a computer store. You will only see an improvement in performance if you replace the HDD with an SSD.

• Add an SSD: While HDDs offer more space for a lower price, adding an SSD can make your computer run much faster.
  • Add more RAM: If you have an older system, it may have too little memory to run modern applications efficiently. if you use a lot of programs simultaneously, you might not have enough Random Access Memory (RAM) to carry you through.

You can also increase the performance by conducting normal maintenance on your computer, such as freeing up hard drive space, doing updates, preventing unwanted apps on system startup. Before you start the troubleshooting please backup your important files to either an online or an external USB drive for safety. Now, please follow the official instructions from Microsoft to improve the performance of your computer using the link given below

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thank you.

Keep safe always.

Sincerely,

Anas

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you Anas. I've sent £22 for remote access. If you can access the money please add it to the fee. David.

You are most welcome. Sorry, I don't have access to billing, So please contact our customer support via the link below to cancel the remote charge for you.

You can also call the billing customer support by dialling the following number

• United Kingdom 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  • Ireland 1800 760 906

They will cancel the remote charge for you.

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. Have a nice day!

Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas