Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

My Ipad displays a message "iPad is disabled connect to

My Ipad displays a message "iPad is disabled connect to iTunes" but I cannot get any other response to anything. Can you help please?
JA: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your iPad?
Customer: I do not know
JA: When did you last reboot?
Customer: I rebooted a short time ago but this was some months since I last tryed to fire up my iPad. I had given up on my Apple devices but it would like to use them again.
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the troubles you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your iPad.

May I know what is the model of your iPad?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK I am using a chrome book at present My email address is***@******.***

Unfortunately, Chromebook will not work for this issue as we need iTunes to restore it and iTunes is not available on Chrombook. You will need a Windows or Apple computer to restore your iPad. Before that, you can attempt to erase the iPad from iCloud. Erasing is needed since the iPad is disabled and this will delete everything from the iPad. I hope you had a backup made prior to this issue.

On your Chromebook, open www.icloud.com

Sign in to your Apple ID. Click Find iPhone

Select your disabled iPad under All Devices. Click Erase and does it erase?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there anyone there?

On your Chromebook, open www.icloud.com

If the above doesn't work, then you will need to borrow a computer from someone or take it to the Apple Store to get it restored. Please find the detailed instructions in the link below

Link to click - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211078

A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if the issue is fixed, if not, we will find another way.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK I have started up my windows machine.

On your Windows computer open the following website

Open the website and enter the session ID and your name

• Session ID- 7082635182

Then click on the Join Session button. After that open the downloaded file to connect.

Do you face any difficulty in joining the session?

Connected and restored the iPad, but the iPad is stuck with the Activation lock. Activation Lock is designed to keep your device and your information safe in case your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac is ever lost or stolen. If you erase your device without signing out of iCloud first, it might still be protected by Activation Lock. You can turn off Activation Lock by entering the correct Apple ID and password. Since you don't had enough information to reset the password ***** the remote session, you have two option here.

Apple will remove Activation Lock from that problem iPad if you still have a valid proof of purchase like Invoice, bill, etc. You can do this in one of two ways:

1. Make an appointment at your local Apple Store. Take your device, your proof of purchase
  2. Call Apple Support and explain the situation. Ask the rep to remove Activation Lock from your device remotely.

To do that, please open the following link

​​​​You can choose the contact option there

Or

you can call Apple Technical support by calling the following number

• 0800(###) ###-####/strong>

Speak with an agent and let them know what's going on and they should be able to further assist you. If you have any questions on this, just let me know. Please keep in mind that I don't personally have access to your account or the ability to reset your password ***** and I could only guide you to the possible solutions.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas