Sheri Treppeda
Sheri Treppeda, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

HP Envy 5532. Prints ok from computer. But will not print as

HP Envy 5532. Prints ok from computer. But will not print as photo-copier. Suspect the screen light has failed. Is it repairable or would it make more sense to put repair cost to comparable new machine
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: HP Envy 5532
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: Only since yesterday evening
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Never updated. But did have problems linking printer and computer (Mac) wirelessly about three months ago. Spoke with Technician then but ended upward wiring computer and printer . This worked ok until now.
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that printer is now several years old.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

Does the light come on when you try to copy or scan?

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience

Your Solution:

Without the information I requested, I am only able to provide you with a general answer, but I hope this helps. As a test, try scanning since the scanning function also uses the same light and process. If the light does not come on, then this means the printer has a physical failure. It would need to be repaired or replaced, if under warranty. Otherwise, it would not be cost effective to repair.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Sheri. Sorry about this. It has not worked since yesterday morning and now it is absolutely fine. I have just run off three photo copies.

Ok, that is good news. I am glad it is working.

Regards,

Sheri

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
At the moment everything is good. Will not waste any more of your time. ````many thanks.

You are very welcome. Just reply if you have any further questions. Otherwise, please ignore the automated offers and messages and don't reply. Then your question will close automatically.