Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

Have iPad 14.4. Managed to increase text size but can’t

Have iPad 14.4. Managed to increase text size but can’t increase text size on my gmails
JA: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: on my iPad. Easily accessed but can’t change font
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don’t think so

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the troubles you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your iPad.

May I know what app(Gmail app or Mail app) do you use to access emails on your iPad?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Gmail
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No I have paid £5.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can you do anything by just telling me

You may see an automatic service offer from this site. They are optional, we can continue to chat without any additional charges. This was offered automatically by the website, not initiated by me.

Did you increase the text size by going to settings(Settings>Display & Brigtness>Text Size)?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Oh sorry. Yes I will stay with you

Thank you. Did you increase the text size by going to settings(Settings>Display & Brigtness>Text Size)?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
but it only increased my text size in general, it on my emails
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Not on my emails

Are you not able to see the difference while opening the Gmail app after increasing the text size? or not seeing the increased text size after opening the email contents?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Am able to see the difference on my screen before opening emails Then there is no increase in size

Do you have an iPad with a Home button or Face ID?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Face ID

Please follow the instruction given below to force restart your iPad.

1. Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
  2. Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
  3. Press and hold the Side button(power button) until the Apple logo appears, then release the Side button.(ignore the slide to power off option)

You will be asked to open the iPad with your passcode after force rebooting it. Please check the Gmail app after doing the above steps. A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. We can continue to chat until we solve the issue.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Nothing happening

Can you decrease the text size to the minimum point(Settings>Display & Brigtness>Text Size) and do you see the change in the Gmail app?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Apple logo hasn’t appeared
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
taken text size right down but no change in email

Then we need to delete and reinstall the Gmail app to check if this is an issue with the Gmail app itself. Do you remember your Gmail password?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Oc5qy59gl

Touch and hold the Gmail app on the Home Screen to open a quick actions menu, tap Remove App, then tap Delete App to delete it from iPad.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Oh sorry. Not my gmail password. Will have to find it in Settings If I can

Check if you can log in to your Gmail account via browser using the link below?

Open the link and try to sign in with your Gmail account. Please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Don’t seem to have a password ***** Gmail -

Open the link and try to sign in with your Gmail account. Please let me know what happens. Kindly let me know if you face any difficulty with the password.

Please check one more option:

Go to Settings> Accessibility> Display & Text Size> Larger Text> Enable Larger Accessibility Sizes and increase the size using the slider. Do you see any changes in the Gmail app?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
A new app appeared

May I know what do you mean by the new app?

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I thought he responded quickly but I am not using just answer anymore as I don’t think I am any the wiser than before I started. Please cancel my membership

Sorry, I don't have access to billing. For cancellation please contact our account and billing customer support via the link below

You can also call the billing customer support

• United Kingdom 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  • Ireland 1800 760 906

Keep safe always.

Sincerely,

Anas