Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

Error 601, hp laptop visionamd, vision AMD, no, no

Customer Question

error 601
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: hp laptop visionamd
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your HP?
Customer: vision AMD
JA: What have you tried so far with your HP? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your laptop.

Do you see this error message as an HP battery alert?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Could you tell me the serial number of your laptop?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can you let me when available please as I am 80 and It not good

I have opened the remote support to the expert pool, someone who can connect will get back to you. You will get notified as soon as a remote expert connects with you. Could you tell me the serial number of your laptop?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can't find any number

Please follow the steps below to find the serial number of your laptop.

1. Open up the command prompt window on your computer. You can do this by searching for "cmd" and open the command prompt application
  2. In the command window type in wmic bios get serialnumber. The serial number will then be displayed.

The error 601 means the measured storage capacity of the primary (internal) battery is less than 25% of the original storage capacity. The number “601” denotes the associated error code that is recorded in the system log. This might be caused by environmental factors like low ambient operating temperature, or due to the aging of the battery pack. Operating your system in a warmer location for a while might resolve the condition.​ The 601 error is most often caused when the battery has lost its effectiveness at holding a charge and needs to be replaced.

Please follow the steps given below and let me know what happens.

1. Turn off your Laptop.
  2. Unplug your laptop from the power supply and remove your battery.
  3. After removing the battery, press and hold the power button down for at least 25 seconds.
  4. Insert your battery back into your PC and plug in your power cord.
  5. Now, turn on your laptop.

The simplest way of fixing PC error code 601 is to remove the battery and insert it again on your PC. After turning on your laptop, you can check if the error message still occurs. If that doesn't fix the issue then please follow the instructions in the link below to fix the problem.

Please click the link below for detailed instructions regarding the error code 601 from HP.

A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if the issue is fixed, if not, we will find another way.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have no idea how knowledge of how to get into the laptop as my knowledge of Internet is Ltd also have arthritis in my hands difficult to get into small parts

Since this is an issue with the battery itself, it includes many troubleshooting steps like removing and reinserting the battery, updating bios, etc. If you are facing difficulty following the steps then I would suggest you take the computer to a local shop to have it diagnosed or alternatively, if it's still under warranty you can get it repaired under warranty from HP. I'm sure this is very frustrating for you. Sorry wished I had another easy solution here for this issue. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas