Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite C870 - 198 Serial Number

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite C870 - 198 Serial Number XC1392R on which I am not getting any broadband. When the l
JA: What's the model and Operating System (OS) of your Toshiba?
Customer: laptop is switched
JA: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It is Satellite C870 - 198 I haven’t installed any updates recently
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes When it is switched on there is ahu
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your laptop.

Mat I know are you trying to connect your laptop to your WiFi network?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
When I switch on the laptop there is a humming but no info on the screen There are three lights on the front of the lap top on the left. The one furthest to the left is orange the one to it’s left white and a third orange light to the left of the white light This one keeps coming on and off. Even when the laptop is switched off Theothdr two are only on when the laptop is switched on

Do you see any lights on the laptop screen?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
How can you access my device if it is not working

You may see an automatic service offer from this site. They are optional, we can continue to chat without any additional charges. This was offered automatically by the website, not initiated by me. Please ignore the message and we can continue to chat until we solve the issue. The remote assistance will not work in this case.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No lights on the laptop screen

Do you have any external monitor there? (The reason why I am suggesting you to connect an external monitor is that if the screen of the laptop is not working, you might think that your laptop is not turning on)

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No I do not have an external monitor

Could you send me a picture of the laptop screen after turning on?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Am I able to contact you by phone as it might be the quickest way to sort the problem ?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Are we still connected ?

Sorry, I am not available for phone calls. We can continue to chat and solve the issue. Please follow the instructions given below and let me know what happens.

Please press and hold down your laptop's power button for 5-10 seconds to force shutdown it. Then disconnect any charger cable, keyboard, mouse ,etc to the laptop. Then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release it. Wait 5 minutes. Then reconnect the power cable and press the power button once to turn it back on. Please let me on what happens.

A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if the issue is fixed, if not, we will find another way.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The laptop appears to be connected to my BT wi fi .I have disconnected the hub twice - it goes from blue to green then to orange and finally back to the normal blue so I am presuming the wi go is OK

DO you see anything on your Laptop screen?

Please check if the AC adapter plug is not loose or try to plug it into different power outlets and try to turn it on. Please check if there's any damage to the AC adapter cable. If any damage is found, try another AC adapter. Please try the instructions and let me know if it shows a backlight on the laptop screen or not.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have NOT requested Secure Remote Assistance. Please ensure that I am not charged for it. It would appear that your system defaults automatically to "Secure Remote Assistance requested " and charges customers whether they have requsted it or not. You need to rectify this.
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 19 days ago.

Sorry, I don't have access to billing, so please contact our customer support via the link below

You can also call the billing customer support by dialing the following number

• United Kingdom 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  • Ireland 1800 760 906

They will cancel the remote charge for you.