Sheri
Sheri, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Owner/Consultant at Computer Rescue, Inc.
100295097

Black screen padlock with a grey bar, Black screen padlock

Customer Question

Black screen white padlock with a grey bar
JA: What exactly is having screen issues?
Customer: Black screen white padlock with a grey bar
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: MacBook Pro 15" with Touch Bar only show a black screenwith a white padlock, the rest is dead
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried everything without a response ffrom the dead screen and a white padlock
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sheri replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, an independent question and answer portal. My name is Sheri. I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I know it can be frustrating. I am happy to assist you and will do my best to resolve it for you quickly.

*Please note: You may see offers for Premium Services pop up. These offers are automatically generated by the system, not by me. They are optional and do carry an additional charge. We can always continue to work on your solution through messaging.

Your Solution:

Try unlocking the screen using the Touch ID (fingerprint reader)

Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to help you. I really appreciate your patience through this process. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please feel free to reply with any questions.

Regards,

Sheri

Expert Level Professional Consultant with over 25 years of experience