Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  Software Engineer and Support Professional
8287049

My computer does not save my work in PowerPoint and I am

Customer Question

My computer does not save my work in PowerPoint and I am wasting many hours trying to sort it out. This is version 19 home and student. I have 20 years experience with PowerPoint.
JA: What application are you using?
Customer: 19 home and student
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It updates automatically
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am working on a tutorial hoping to upload onto Youtube. I was a draughtswoman so should know what I am doing, but for instance I can place an arrowhead changed to a pin head and tried every form of save available but when I log out then log back in, it changes back to an arrow head. Same problem with the timings for transitions, morph etc. Nothing saves.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 13 days ago.
Hello, and thank you for the question. Sorry to hear about the issue you’re having. Are you sure the document you’re modifying is not read only? In that case, your system may be saving a copy elsewhere each time you save the file. If you have a copy of the file and can attach it here I’ll be happy to review if the issue is with the file itself. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What a waste of £5. I am not modifying a document. I am working on my own design. I am a draughts woman with 20 years experience of working with power point.
But the document is being modified.. whether it’s a new document being created by a draughts woman with 20 years experience, or anyone else modifying any document. The point is the document is being modified/manipulated in some way the system needs to write the changes to the document. I’m trying to work through the issue with you, but if you are not wanting to continue please let me know. Thanks again,
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would not like to pay £22. I paid £5 which I would like back because my question wasn’t even read and did not solve my problem

Customer care can handle any account and billing related questions. You can contact them using this link: https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I don’t wish to pay £22

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have followed instructions re saving my work. It appears to go through the process of saving but just bits of it get saved