Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Its printing with smears, Brother HL-L3230CDW, since the

Customer Question

Its printing with smears
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Brother HL-L3230CDW
JA: How long has this been going on with your HL-L3230CDW?
Customer: since the winter.
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Havent. Dont Know How.
JA: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I contact the Expert.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) as well as your wifi router and power off your computer.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router then the printer, turn it on and start your computer and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Done all this a bout ten minutes ago and have gotten no further
Expert:  Richard replied 19 days ago.

Can you please follow the steps here to clean the printer

https://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=gb&lang=en&prod=hll3230cdw_us_eu_as&faqid=faq00002559_500

Tell me how it then functions please