Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

How do I change my mobile phone number in my Amazon account.

How do I change my mobile phone number in my Amazon account. I can't find anywhere to do it.
It means I can't get a security code if I want to buy anything?

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the troubles you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Amazon account.

Can you try to access your Amazon account via browser using the link below?

Open the link and try to sign in with your Amazon account. Please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
They have my correct number for my mobile account but not my computer account

Are you able to log in to your Amazon account?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Not at the moment.I'll have to leave it for now.
Thanks Anas

You are most welcome! You can get back to me when you are free.

Please follow the instructions given below to change the phone number on your Amazon account.

1. Log in to your Amazon account(to which you want to change the phone number)
  2. In Your Account, go to Login & security or click this link to go there directly- https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/css/account/info/view.html
  3. Click the Edit button next to your Mobile Phone Number.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions and select Save Changes.
  5. After you've completed all your updates, select Done.

A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if the issue is fixed, if not, we will find another way. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
if he can help me change my phone number on my computer for my Amazon account.

Just to confirm are you able to log in to your Amazon account?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
If Mohammed can change my phone number on my Amazon account I would be most grateful
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
the number I need to change it to is***********

Before I connect, please check if you can log in to your Amazon account.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I can sign in

Do you have access to a computer there?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

May I know what computer do you have? Windows or Mac?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Windows
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have signed in.

Let's get started with the Secure Remote Assistance session right away. (You must run the remote application on your computer. (You can't run it on your tablet, cell phone, or an iPad.)

Please follow the steps given below to start the remote session.

1. Open Microsoft Edge browser on your computer.
  2. Open the website https://join.zoho.in or click this link to go to there directly https://join.zoho.in/8882777543
  3. Then enter the session ID as 8882777543
  4. Then enter your name.
  5. Click on the Join Session button.
  6. Click on the Download button.
  7. A file named ZA_connect.exe will be downloaded. Open the downloaded file to connect or press Ctrl + J key, to open the downloads window in your browser, and double-click the ZA_connect.exe file that you downloaded.(Open the file only once)
  8. Wait until the file is loaded and click the Join button to start the remote session

Since you don't have access to your recovery information, your only option is to create a new Amazon account and use that account. Would you like to do that?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I think I'll just manage with my mobile account which has my correct phone number.
Thanks for your help, I know what has to be done now!

You are most welcome! Good night!

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Mohammed Anas did all he could to fix my problem and was very patient with this elderly lady.

I am very glad to hear that, it means a lot to me. Have a nice day!

Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas