Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I cannot get a code to allow me to access/change password

Customer Question

I cannot get a code to allow me to access/change password ***** my microsoft account
JA: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?
Customer: my microsoft account
JA: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: 365 - does that make sense
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just the last couple of days. I am trying to edit stuff in excel and word and it just tells me to activate but when I put in my email address I cannot get a code, it says try tomorrow
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so at this stage other than I am a novice at this!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mohammed Anas replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the troubles you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Microsoft account.

Can you try to access your Microsoft account via browser using the link below?

Open the link and try to sign in with your Microsoft account. Please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have just tried again but it won't send me a code as I need to reset my password
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am not sure about this - can you talk me through the process

Sure! You may see an automatic service offer from this site. They are optional, we can continue to chat without any additional charges. This was offered automatically by the website, not initiated by me. Please ignore the message and we can continue to chat until we solve the issue.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
okay

It seems like you are facing a problem associated with your account, I would suggest you attempt to reset your account one more time using the reset tool given below. The direct method for resetting a Microsoft Account’s password ***** ***** using the password ***** tool/site provided by them. That reset tool or site can be opened via this website by clicking the following link

It will take you to a page where it will try to verify you as the owner of the account. So please enter the required verification details there. If it can verify you, then it will give you the option to reset your password ***** recover your account. Please click the link below for a detailed video tutorial that might help you recover your account.

Please remember to use a device or browser you used in the past to access your Microsoft account so will be easier to reset your password.

If you are still not able to reset your password, then you need to fill a form and submit it to Microsoft. Provide as much as possible information to them and if they verify you are the owner, they will help you reset the password. Then Microsoft will verify your account and contact you later (24-48 hours)Keep in mind that if they couldn't verify you, they will not assist you in resetting the password.

Click the following link to access the recovery form directly

Please click the link below for video instructions to recover your account if you don’t have access to sign-in information(Please watch the video to recover your account using the account recovery form)

If you are still unable to submit a form or recover or you don't have access to the required verification information, then you need to contact a Microsoft agent directly who has access to your account and prove the ownership of your account. You can contact them by clicking the link below

Or please dial the following:

• ***-***-****

Speak with an agent and let them know what's going on and they should be able to further assist you. If you have any questions on this, just let me know. Please keep in mind that I don't personally have access to your account or the ability to reset your password ***** and I could only guide you to the possible solutions.

Please click the link below for detailed instructions from Microsoft regarding account recovery

A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if the issue is fixed, if not, we will find another way.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
no the issue has not been fixed
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I presume my £5 will be refunded

Sorry, I don't have access to billing. Please contact our account and billing customer support via the link below and they will process the refund.

You can also call the billing customer support

• United Kingdom 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  • Ireland 1800 760 906

Keep safe always.

Sincerely,

Anas