Bing
Bing, Computer Scientist
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD / MCSE
96068672

My laptop would not open the screen completely black. I took

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My laptop would not open the screen completely black. I took it for repair and on return I found that the background was Black. The technician is not sure why this has happened. Today my Wife's computer in a different room the background has now gone black.
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop?
Customer: Windows 10
JA: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?
Customer: I am not sure not that I know of
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i do not think so
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bing replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today.

Can I see a screenshot showing how the original symptom looks like from your side?

Expert:  Bing replied 19 days ago.

As no further input gathered against my last clarifying question, I now provide a general answer based on the given description and common situations.

Generally speaking, you may follow the below guide to troubleshoot the blank screen issue of a Windows laptop.

https://www.avg.com/en/signal/fix-windows-black-screen