Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

L have been on the phone for over an hour with support from

Good afternoon, l have been on the phone for over an hour with support from icloud tech, i accidentally deleted my icloud drive icon and was trying to re install it the techinan could not get it to reinstall and has advised me to contact yourselves to see it there is an issue with Firewalls etc please here regards Caroline
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: Hi yes he also checked that said it was fine.
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: Dont think so, l am a bit of a dinosaur now with pcs
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No its just the icloud drive

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with the iCloud drive.

May I know what computer do you use? Windows or Mac?

Hello, Without the information I asked for in my request, I can only give you this general answer but I hope this is helpful.

Please follow the steps below to make sure iCloud Drive is turned on on your computer.

1. From your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences. Click Apple ID, then click iCloud. In macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  2. Make sure that iCloud Drive is turned on.

Then please follow the steps below to add the iCloud Drive icon back to your dock.

1. In the Mac Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
  2. Copy the following line of text and paste it into the Go to Folder edit field: /System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Applications/
  3. Click the Go button or press the Return key on your keyboard. A folder in your System Folder appears with several applications in it.
  4. Drag the iCloud Drive application icon to the Dock and drop it in whatever location you’d like.

Please click the link below for detailed instructions.

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if the issue is fixed, if not, we will find another way. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry for the delay in replying something urgent happened l had to attend too, i use windows 7

Please click on the start menu and search iCloud drive. Do you see the iCloud driver there?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
it is there

Let's get started with the Secure Remote Assistance session right away. (You must run the remote application on your computer. (You can't run it on your tablet, cell phone, or an iPad.)

Please follow the steps given below to start the remote session.

1. Open a web browser(like Chrome, Firefox,etc) on your computer.
  2. Open the website https://join.zoho.in or click this link to go to there directly https://join.zoho.in/3382389227
  3. Then enter the session ID as 3382389227
  4. Then enter your name.
  5. Click on the Join Session button.
  6. Click on the Download button.
  7. A file named ZA_connect.exe will be downloaded. Open the downloaded file to connect or press Ctrl + J key, to open the downloads window in your browser, and double-click the ZA_connect.exe file that you downloaded.(Open the file only once)
  8. Wait until the file is loaded and click the Join button to start the remote session.

I am very glad that we are connected and solved the issue. I am happy to help you. Thank you for using JustAnswer services.

Keep safe always.

Sincerely,

Anas