Tech Raksh
Tech Raksh, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Customer support Engineer
105058687

Trying to log into my account to change y phone number, but

Customer Question

trying to log into my account to change y phone number, but it wont let me log in an change my number
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: its a new phone in december
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: yes done that but keeps sending a verifercation cold to old number
JA: Is there anything else the Smartphone Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, just need to update phone number
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tech Raksh replied 10 days ago.

Hello! Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent paid Question & Answer web portal. My name is***** am happy to be assisting you today.
May I know the account to which you are trying to login?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
trying to update my amazon account, but wont let me into my account as it still sending verivercation codes to old number

Step1: Reset the password ***** the below steps and try to login using a new password.

1. Click on the recovery link below and enter the email address or the phone number which you have used to login to your Amazon account and click on continue.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/css/account/forgot-password/email.html

2. A OTP(One time password) will be sent to your registered email or Mobile as text message based on your selection.

3. Enter the OTP which you have received and click on continue and create the new password.

4. Once the new password ***** ***** Try to re-login using the new password.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
have tried the above but that hasn't worked, keeps sending notifications to old number

I am sorry for what you are facing. As you do not have access to the recovery options on file to recover the account. I suggest you to use the below number to get connected with Amazon customer service. They will be able to help you to recover the account for you.

1-***-***-****