Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Have had my computer, which was windows 7, upgraded to

Customer Question

Have had my computer, which was windows 7, upgraded to windows 10. Now its asking to confirm my email address which I have done plus my password, it appears that this information is not valid and refuses to accept it. I was asked to verify my email address and password, but all I am doing was going round in a loop. I am an oap and not computer literate, I have a disable wife and found this computer to be of help with every day needs. Please help me. Signed Robert
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: No.
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: Not that i am aware of.
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My computer was locked on May 26 stating that there appeared to some possible hacking or misuse by persons unknown.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
On the page you sign into your account with, choose the option on the sign in page to reset the password.
Once done, use the new password ***** sign in.
Let me know how you go please.