How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michelle Your Own Question
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Category: Computer
Satisfied Customers: 7987
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Type Your Computer Question Here...
Michelle is online now

I cannot sign into my Imac, I am on my front log in screen

This answer was rated:

I cannot sign into my Imac
JA: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?
Customer: I am on my front log in screen it shows my name and asks for a password
JA: What Apple model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: It is a older model and it is using ElCapitan
JA: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Only today it requests my password ***** has always been different to my Apple ID know it asks for my newApple ID password ***** when I enter it won’t accept it
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don,t think so thanks

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out.

  1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart.

  2. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password ***** then click the arrow next to “reset it using your Apple ID”.

  3. Enter your Apple ID and password, then click Next.

if you have forgotten the apple id password,

You may reset the apple id password ***** below link:

Michelle and 8 other Computer Specialists are ready to help you