Mohammed Anas
Mohammed Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I can not get my I pad 4 to download my face book because it

I can not get my I pad 4 to download my face book because it says my iOS at 10.2 is not enough but it will not download any higher
JA: Which Facebook product do you have?
Customer: Sorry I am not sure what yo mean I am not very computer savvy sorry
JA: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. What have you tried so far with your Facebook software?
Customer: Tried the App Store as said it just tell me iOS not compatible.."..I do have a version of face book which I can use but on notifications it keeps telling me No internet connection try again
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don't think so thank you

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your iPad.

I have checked and see that 10.3.3 is the maximum IOS version supported on your iPad. IOS 10.3.3 is the latest iOS version the iPad 4th Gen can run. A Fourth-Generation iPad cannot update beyond iOS 10.3 The Facebook app requires a minimum of the IOS 11 version. If your iPad is already at 10.3.3 and says you all up to date, then that means your actual iPad's hardware has reached the max iOS that is currently supported on this device. At some point, Apple decides to cut off upgrades due to hardware limitations. Therefore this is not an issue with your iPad, it just the IOS can not go further on this model. Apps and websites may ask you to upgrade but you're not going to be able to do it. You will need to get a new iPad. The only walk around in this situation is your need to access Facebook via a browser(Safari or any other browsers compatible with IOS 10). I can only provide a true and correct answer to your situation. I understand you are frustrated and probably won't like the answer but that is the only correct answer. I know that can be frustrating. Sorry wished I had a solution here for this issue. Hope you understand.

A rating is only needed when we are finished. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas