Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

My personal facebook account was hacked on Thursday

Customer Question

My personal facebook account was hacked on Thursday (02/09/2021) at 12.20pm. The hackers had changed my password ***** email address which I've managed to change back however the 6 digit pin i need to recover the account is not being sent to my phone number as the hackers must have changed the phone number linked to my account and therefore they will be receiving the pin. I have three business accounts which I now cannot access. The hackers currently have access to these accounts and spent £300 on ads on Friday. Facebook is my main method of communicating with customers and almost all of my enquiries are through the business pages, one of which I've had running for 5 years.
are you able to help?
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: yes but hackers have changed the phone number
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 20 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer? A Mac? Or a smartphone?

2. Are you seeing a different or unknown phone number on your account when you tried to reset it?

Thank you and please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you, I'm using a windows computer currently. Unable to see what the phone number has been changed to
Expert:  Jess M. replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about your Facebook account issues.

If you are having trouble with your Facebook account, like this one that it was hacked or compromised, your first option is to recover the account through resetting the password. However, you will be verified in the process using the recovery information you provided on the account.

To start the recovery process, please use this link below:

https://www.facebook.com/login/identify/?ctx=recover&ars=facebook_login

If you are unable to recover your account because you cannot pass the verification process, your next option is to submit the recovery request wherein you can provide more information to prove you own the account.

Please use this link below:

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/357439354283890

Please give it up to 48 hours for Facebook to give you the feedback regarding the results of your submission.

Thank you and I hope that helped. If you need further assistance, please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess