Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Computer O.K. I have just connected a new BT box for my TV

Customer Question

Computer O.K. I have just connected a new BT box for my TV and 'phone and do not have connection. I have 2 leads not connected and do not know what to do with them. The items they were connected to the BT engineer who visited me a few weeks ago said I do not need them. BT box shows a red bar on the left hand side.
JA: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?
Customer: BT
JA: How is your Internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: Yes made no difference
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You need to please make sure the BT box is connected to the cable connection for BT, this is the cable coming from your wall.

Connect this and tell me if you then get a signal please.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It is connected still no signal
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Which HDMI port on the TV is it connected to

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no signal.
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

Ok, you will need to please call BT on 0800 800 150 and have them run a line check.

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No phone line.
Expert:  Richard replied 17 days ago.

What did BT say when you called on the number gave you?