Joseph Newman
Joseph Newman, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Lead Technician at Maryville City Schools
107060210

My email address has always been. Recently people are not

Customer Question

my email address has always been***@******.***. Recently people are not receiving my emails as it comes up as AT&T, my business contacts do not know it’s me and therefore put my emails into trash. I have never heard of AT&T.
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: I’m 73 yrs old so you will have to explain things in layman’s language. Internet connection is perfect. I pick up emails either on my phone or ipad
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: I receive emails every day so I don’t think so
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that’s all. If recipients of my emails did open the AT&T my janpoller address is there
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joseph Newman replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I am Joseph. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply soon.

If you have any more information about your question you would like me to know about then please go ahead and send me another message. If I have all the details about the quesiton, then I can give a more precise accurate answer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I think I have told you all I know. Can you just assure me that I won’t be charged £35 a month for your help, as this happened to me previously.

I can help answer your question and when we are done you can ask a customer care support person about that. Does that work for you?

First off, let me inform you that a while back AT&T sold their email management to Yahoo.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
fine thank you

Terrific.  Are you currently logged into your Yahoo account?

If you want remote service on your computer please do the following. I'm going to send you a link, open it on your computer and then on the next page agree with terms and it will download the remote tool. Open the download and I will be connected.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
They may have but I need my proper email address. Does everyone with yahoo mail have AT&T as a prefix to their emails
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I don’t have a computer just a phone and ipad

Then we will forego the remote session and work on the chat.

Yes, people do have ATT as their email domain.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Did you take the £22.00. If you have 10,000 yahoo email customers how can we all have the same address that comes up as AT&T

I can only help with the question. If you want to contact customer care about any services paid I can send you a link to contact them.

Can you please explain about the Yahoo emails and the ATT email address?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
When I send an email the recipient cannot see it's me because my email address***@******.*** doesn't appear, just AT&T and therefore it goes into their trash.

Their email provider must have a rule to send emails from your domain to go there. You must tell them to click on the email in junk and select it and choose not junk and for now on your emails won't go there.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i am now not Jan Poller but AT&T

No, they have you saved in their contacts as that.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is there any way I can delete that address completely and put my own in again I cant understand if 10 people have yahoo addresses and we all email say Bham Football Assoc. How can they differentiate who the email is from until they open the 10 to see who it is. Seems ridiculous to me. Not blaming you obviously but this cannot be right

Are you certain you are logged into the same email account? The email account would not change in that way.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have never heard of AT&T it was only when customers or friends said they had not received an email I told them I'd sent that I found out.

AT&T is a service provider that usually specializes in phone, TV, and internet service.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I've only got one email account

In that case it shouldn't show up as AT&T unless the receiver added your email to a contact with that name.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I know, i phoned them and they said the same and they couldnt understand what had happened

Can you send an email to somewhere else and see if you get a different result?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
But it wasn't just one recipient its everyone. My son only found out it was me when he opened an email to see who they were

Try going to your profile in the account and make changes and update the name and make sure everything looks right there.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Do you think it would be sensible to delete the address and start again. I dont know how to do it as I'm not techie and clever with these things

You can if you want to make that change. You just can't use the same email address if you delete it. It has to be completely new.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Oh no, I just dont know what to do then. Thank you for trying to help. Please send link or phone number so I can get the money back for the secure remote bit. Thank you
You should see aContact Us button at the bottom of the page or go to this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Do you think I could just put a number in new email address
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Say***@******.***
you can make a new email account as long as one character is different.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you,have a good day
You are very welcome. I hope you have the same.
Thank you for reaching out and letting me answer your question.
Expert:  Joseph Newman replied 16 days ago.

Please be patient.  I'm having trouble viewing your responses at this time.

I want to apologize the length of delay in getting your answer. The site was having some trouble, but I think we are good now. Can we start again and get you the answer you reqeusted.