Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My router has packed up in my bedroom. I keep ringing &

Customer Question

My router has packed up in my bedroom. I keep ringing & getting asked 2 provide my number!!! The house phone is with bt so I'm not getting any further!!
JA: Who makes your router?
Customer: Talk talk
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've rang 3 different numbers & because my router is just for Internet purposes when I give my mobile number I can't go any further as for whatever reason they keep asking me for house phone number.
JA: Is there anything else the Network Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I just need 2 talk 2 somebody. My router is, a very old model needs updating but Id rather talk 2 somebody about it so can get it sorted.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your service. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please remove the power to the internet router (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the internet router, turn it on and wait 5 minutes for it to start then tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My router has packed up in my bedroom have no Internet all I want is to talk with someone & get a new 1 sent asap
Expert:  Richard replied 18 days ago.

Let me know the results please