Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

For some reason when I turned my iPad on this evening it is

Customer Question

For some reason when I turned my iPad on this evening it is asking for an appleID and password
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: I can’t remember I’ve had the iPad for 10 years
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: no how do I do that
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your iPad.

May I know what is exactly showing on your iPad screen?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Activation Lock
This iPad is linked to an Apple ID and password ***** were used to set up iPad. b…[email protected]……uk
Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

Have you ever used an email account like [email protected]?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I will hang up my phone please try again
Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

Have you got an email account like this [email protected]?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s fine
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I do not have an email account like that
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I used to have one similar***@******.***
Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

Activation Lock is designed to keep your device and your information safe in case your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac is ever lost or stolen. If you erase your device without signing out of iCloud first, it might still be protected by Activation Lock. Whether you erased your own device or bought one from someone else, you can turn off Activation Lock by entering the correct Apple ID and password.

You need to enter the same Apple ID and password ***** you used when you previously set up the device. Apple ID is your email address. Please enter the email address that you used when creating your account. If you don't remember your Apple ID, please use the following link to find your Apple ID. Could you try to find your Apple ID using the link given below?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have had my iPad for 10 years and have no idea what Apple ID or password ***** used than
Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

Could you try to find your Apple ID using the link given below?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I tried that but didn’t work
Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

Could you please try one more time to find the Apple ID? So we can try to reset the password ***** the Apple ID.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please activate secure Assistance
Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

I have opened the remote support to the expert pool, someone who can connect will get back to you. You will get notified as soon as a remote expert connects with you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have tried various ways but none worked
Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

You are very welcome! If you still can’t activate your iPad, there’s one more thing you can try. Apple will remove Activation Lock from that problem iPad if you still have valid proof of purchase like Invoice, bill, etc. You can do this in one of two ways:

1. Make an appointment at your local Apple Store. Take your device, your proof of purchase
  2. Call Apple Support and explain the situation. Ask the rep to remove Activation Lock from your device remotely.

To do that, please open the following link.

​​​​You can choose the contact option there.

Or

you can call Apple Technical support by calling the following number

• 0800(###) ###-####/strong>

Speak with an agent and let them know what's going on and they should be able to further assist you. If you have any questions on this, just let me know. Please keep in mind that I don't personally have access to your account or the ability to reset your password ***** and I could only guide you to the possible solutions.

You can also try to Request additional support for unlocking your device using the link given below

Please click the link below for detailed instructions about the Activation lock from Apple

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

Expert:  Anas replied 11 days ago.

A rating is only needed when we are finished. Please kindly do not click on the negative or 1 or 2-star rating. We can continue to chat and solve the issue. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas