NILESH PANCHAL
NILESH PANCHAL, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  7 years of programming experience and Microsoft technologies expert
108438151

My daughter borrowed my laptop and filled it up with films.

Customer Question

My daughter borrowed my laptop and filled it up with films. PC World have cleanedd the hard drive (only 100 mb) left but in the process they have locked out my ntlworld.com. The suggest theat I contact you and ask you toemail me with instructions how to reinstate my email.
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: no
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: yes, I have my mobile and home phone
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: dont think so, Im old and not ok with computers
Category: Computer
Expert:  NILESH PANCHAL replied 18 days ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent Question and Answer site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today!

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are facing. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Do you need to unlock your Virgin Media Email?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

I will help you with steps to do it.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No

Firstly, you will need to create a new email password ***** Before you do this, please follow the advice below for security reasons.

• Do not use existing or previous passwords
  • Choose one between 8-10 characters that includes numbers, uppercase and lowercase letters
  • Avoid using complete words

These steps make it much harder for hackers to guess your password.

If you’re ready to create your new password, simply head over to My Virgin Media:

• Click Sign In
  • Select Forgotten your email or password? under the password *****
  • Follow the instructions to change your password

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once your password's reset, make sure your emails are not being forwarded without your knowledge.

• Go to mail.virginmedia.com
  • Sign in with your username and password
  • Click on Menu (top right) and then, Settings
  • Expand the Email option
  • Select Auto Forward

This will show any email addresses set to receive forwarded emails from your Virgin Media mailbox. If it shows one you don’t recognise, select and delete the forwarding rule.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I don't understand. I'm going to log out because I'm fed up with it. All I want.tef to do is speak to somebody.

It is not very difficult. You only need to reset your password ***** then login again.

Here you go:

• Click Sign In

I hope you were able to fix your issue. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks!