Bing
Bing, Computer Scientist
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD / MCSE
96068672

I am trying to book a flight/hotel to Malta and I am having

Customer Question

I am trying to book a flight/hotel to Malta and I am having problems with payment. The message I have is: Payment card authorisation - please enter the details requested by your bank. I don't know what this means. Can you help?
JA: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Apple iMac MacOS v11.5.2
JA: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I've been holding on for help now for 31 mins
JA: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?
Customer: On a telephone line; it's quite ludicrous!
JA: Is there anything else the Mac Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There is an option to pay with another card. I tried that but got the same response and I can assure you both accounts are good!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bing replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today.

Can I see a screenshot showing how the original symptom looks like from your side?

Expert:  Bing replied 13 days ago.

As no further input was gathered against my last clarifying question, I now provide a general answer based on the given description and common situations.

As per your situation (running the latest macOS and the issue with flight booking only), it was highly likely caused by an issue of the dirty date of the booking website. You might have been visiting the same website one than one day. The solution is to delete all web history and website data of your web browser, then sign in the booking website and make a booking then make a payment.

You may also try using a different browser if the problem persists with a web browser.