K Dismas
K Dismas, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Developer/Programmer/Computer Technician
104540271

When I switched on my Lenovo desktop this morning it came up

Customer Question

When I switched on my Lenovo desktop this morning it came up with the message:
JA: What Lenovo model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?
Customer: Your PC / Device needs to be repaired the Boot Configuration file is missing sone required information.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Lenovo? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just from this morning. It was working perfectly yesterday. It will not respond to any keyboard action and just switches itself off after a minute or so.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Lenovo Machine type FOAV. CPU AMD A10-7800. OS Windows 8.1
Category: Computer
Expert:  K Dismas replied 9 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** am sorry for the trouble you are facing right now.
But, I'll do my best to help you with your concern.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What happens now?
Expert:  K Dismas replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for accepting the automated premium service offer. When a customer accepts the request, the expert is notified of the premium service offer. I'm afraid I won't be able to take the premium service offered at this time. But don't worry, other online experts can still take your premium service offer in place of me, and I can only proceed through chat.

I know how frustrating it is for you, but in your case, your Lenovo system files might have been broken and need to be repaired. You can try to repair it using the installation media.
Kindly visit the link below to download a Windows OS installation media then proceed with a boot repair process.
https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I cannot do this download as my desktop will not open up.
Expert:  K Dismas replied 9 days ago.

1. In that case, you may try a hard reboot first by removing all power and turning it on again after a few minutes.

2. But if the problem still persists, then you need another computer/laptop to set up the installation media.

After installation media setup, you can use it to boot and proceed with repair the computer.

3. I also recommend that you visit this link below for a video tutorial on how to use Windows Startup repair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zkvlcnv-UU