Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

It’s my kindle, it’s saying that the password is incorrect,

Customer Question

Hi , it’s my kindle, it’s saying that the password ***** ***** but I’ve double checked it and it’s not
JA: What exactly are you having trouble accessing?
Customer: I need to connect my kindle to the wifi to download books
JA: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?
Customer: its a new wifi code as I’ve recently moved
JA: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?
Customer: No , but I believe my daughter has. My mobile and Alexa are connected on it
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that’s it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your Kindle.

Just to confirm are you facing this issue with your WiFi password?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can you sort this out without an additional charge please
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

You may see an automatic service offer from this site. They are optional, we can continue to chat without any additional charges. This was offered automatically by the website, not initiated by me. Please ignore the message and we can continue to chat until we solve the issue.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Are you able to sort out the issue with out an additional charge
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Sure! Are you sure you're entering the correct password? Did you change your password, or is it the same one located on the bottom or side of your modem/router(it might be labeled as Wireless Security Key/Password, Wi-Fi Password, Network Password, WPA passphrase, or Network Key)?

Note: Please make sure you selected the correct Wi-Fi network and enter the password *****(remember that passwords are typically case-sensitive, so please type the way it shows on the sticker/label)

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have done that
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Are you able to find the password *****?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have the password ***** on a card and on the router , but it’s saying incorrect password
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Ok. May I know the model of your Kindle device?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok I am trying to find it . Where would the model be ?
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Could you try to identify the Kindle model using the link given below?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I believe it’s a kindle paper white
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

Thank you very much for the information. I am afraid it could be a firmware issue. You can attempt to force reset the Kindle and check if it fixes the issue. Please press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds(make sure you hold it for 40 seconds) or until the device restarts automatically. If your device restarts automatically before 40 seconds has passed, release the Power button. If your device does not automatically restart after 40 seconds, press the Power button to turn it on.

Then please follow the steps given below on your router/modem.

1. Unplug the power cord to the router/modem
  2. Wait 5 minutes.
  3. Plug the power cord back in.
  4. Wait 5 minutes.

Would you please try connecting your Kindle device and let me know how it goes?

Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.
Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi , it’s still not connecting. It’s late now so I will leave it for the time being
Thanks for trying to sort out the problem
Expert:  Anas replied 16 days ago.

You are very welcome! You can get back to me by replying here. Good night!

Keep safe always.
Sincerely,
Anas