Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

I need to get my emails as my phone has just died, AOL.com,

Customer Question

I need to get my emails as my phone has just died
JA: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?
Customer: AOL.com
JA: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?
Customer: On the phone , sometimes on ipad
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband who died suddenly last year had set up this AOL acc using Boothill9 but I don’t have the password
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your email account.

Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Could you try to access your email via browser using the link below?

Open the link and try to sign in with your AOL account. Please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can’t remember the password
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

It seems like you are facing a problem associated with your AOL account. I would suggest you attempt to reset your account to get into your AOL mail account. The direct method for resetting the AOL account password ***** ***** using the password ***** tool/site provided by them. That reset tool or site can be opened via this website by clicking the following link.

It will take you to a page where it will try to verify you as the account owner. So enter the required verification details there. If it can verify you, then it will give you the option to reset your password ***** recover your account. Once you reset the password, go to mail.aol.com on your browser and log in with your new password.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am not able to get verification code by email as the server isn’t working
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Could you please try to reset the password ***** more time?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Have already tried
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Are you able to see a Resend verification code option there?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I’m not able to get emails , server is not working
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Is it possible to actually speak to someone at aol
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How can I get to my emails
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

May I know what do you mean by the server is not working? Could you please let me know the exact error message showing there?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
When I go into my inbox it says on the screen , sorry this message is not downloaded by the server , usually I can get my emails both on iPad and mobile phone but now my phone has died I’m not getting any emails at all
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Just to confirm were you able to access your AOL mail account via the https://mail.aol.com/ website?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
In connecting to the above I’ve been able to get my late husbands emails bur not my own
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Have you got the AOL mail app on your iPad?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Could you please install the AOL mail app on your iPad using the link given below?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Having tried to install it now says I have to update to iOS 13 in order to download
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How do I do this ?
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Please follow the steps given below on your iPad.

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Tap General
  3. Tap Software Update.

Are you able to see any updates there?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It tell me I’m updated
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
12.5.5 not 13.0
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Then I am afraid you will not be able to install the AOL app on your iPad. Please follow the steps given below and let me know what happens

Step 1: Open the Settings App from your Home screen.

Step 2: Select Accounts and Passwords.

Step 3: Select Accounts.

Step 4: Select your AOL email account.

Step 5: Select remove account. Skip to the next step if you don't see an account to delete and then add it.

(Please keep in mind this will delete the emails from the iPad but the emails will be re-downloaded back when you add the account back if they are available on the server. Also, you must add it back with the correct password)

Step 6: Select Add Account and select your email account to add.

Please make sure you add it back with the correct password. It will add your email account to your iPad, and you can send and receive it now.

Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Having difficulty , can you just not renew my password ***** aol
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

Please let me inform you that I don't have access to your email account. If you forget your AOL mail account password ***** the direct method for resetting the AOL account password ***** ***** using the password ***** tool/site provided by them. That reset tool or site can be opened via this website by clicking the following link.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you for your patience and help I will do this later today .
Expert:  Anas replied 15 days ago.

You are very welcome! Have a fabulous day!