Anas
Anas, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
111356221

My email has been hacked and I cant get onto it and need

Customer Question

My email has been hacked and I cant get onto it and need accesss
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: I cant get in at all
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have tried to get on multiple times however this system only allows me too try once a day
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer services. This is Anas and I will be assisting you with your issue today. I am sorry for the trouble you are facing. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly. As I understand you are facing an issue with your email account.

Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

May I know who your email provider is (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi Anas, it is for a hotmail account
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi I dont need you to connect no
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Thank you very much for the information. It seems like you are facing a problem associated with your Hotmail account. I would suggest you attempt to reset your account one more time using the reset tool given below. The direct method for resetting a Hotmail(Microsoft) account's password ***** ***** using the password ***** tool/site provided by them. That reset tool or site can be opened via this website by clicking the following link.

It will take you to a page where it will try to verify you as the account owner. So please enter the required verification details there. If it can verify you, then it will give you the option to reset your password. Once you reset the password, then use the new password ***** log in to your Hotmail account. Please follow the link below for a detailed video tutorial that might help you recover your account.

Please kindly let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi Anas,I have tried this however I can only do this once a day
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Also why has this charged me £22 for something I didnt accept?
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

I did not accept the remote offer from my side, please contact our customer support to cancel the remote charges for you. We can keep chatting and work out the problem. Just to confirm have you submitted the account recovery form?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I have already
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Does this mean £22 will not come out?
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

I am sorry, I don't have control over the payments or service cost, I am just tech on this website. For payment-related issues, please contact our account and billing customer support via the link below and they will process the refund for you.

May I know your Hotmail account address?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
it is***@******.***
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Just to confirm, have you got access to the sh*****@hotmail.com email account?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No it was an old account
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

I have checked the account and found no other recovery options connected with your Hotmail account except the old mail account to receive the verification code. Microsoft takes account of privacy and security very seriously and will return the account only when you provide enough accurate information to prove that you are the rightful owner. Unfortunately, if you can't use the provided method to prove ownership of the account, Microsoft will not give it to you. Keeping your recovery options up to date is extremely important since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. There is no other way to get the verification code unless you have the backup codes written down or other recovery options set up before. Please submit the form one more time and wait for the reply from Microsoft(the only sign of hope in recovering the account is by submitting this form). You can fill and submit this form, and the Microsoft team will get back to you regarding the account recovery(You will receive a mail from Microsoft about the account recovery). Click the link below to submit the form.

Enter as many details as possible to prove that you are the true owner of the Microsoft account. After you submit the form, Microsoft will review your request and usually email you within 2 business days to let you know if your account can be restored or not. Your only option is to wait until Microsoft reviews the account recovery request you submitted. If they can verify the ownership using the information you provided, they will contact you at the email address that you provided. Since this is an account security issue waiting is your only option. Please understand that I don't have access to your account details to reset it myself for you, and I can only give the steps to you so you try to reset it yourself as you are the account owner and I can only provide truthful information, and I am just messenger. Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully, it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again. I'm sure this is very frustrating for you. Sorry, I wish I had another solution here for this issue. Any other expert would tell you the same option. I hope you understand the situation. Please click the link below for detailed instructions from Microsoft regarding the account recovery form.

Another option is you can create a new Microsoft account and use that account. Would you like to do that?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
please
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Just to confirm, would you like to create a new Hotmail account?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
please
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Please allow me a moment to write the instructions for you. Thank you for your patience!

Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Please use the link below to create a Hotmail account.

Open the above link and click on the Get a new email address there to create a new Hotmail account(choose Hotmail there). Click the link below for detailed instructions to create a Microsoft account

I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. If you face any difficulty please get back to me and I will help you further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Will this then allow to reset my password ***** my old account?
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Please let me inform you that you will not be able to access any of your old data or emails on the new email account. The only option to recover your old email account is by submitting the account recovery form. May I know what browser do you usually use to access your Hotmail account?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Google chrome
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Please click on the link given below and sign in with your Google account there.

Are you able to see your Hotmail account there?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

You can also retrieve password ***** your Hotmail account from your browser. Please follow the instructions in the link below to find your Hotmail account password ***** your browser if you have saved it before on your browser.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi Im trying the google way but mine is completely different
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Ok. Please take your time!

Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Please open the link given below on chrome browser and let me know what happens?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
It is just saying the IP address cant be reached
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Please follow the steps below one more time.

1. Open Chrome browser.
  2. Click the menu icon(three vertical dots) in the upper right corner.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Under Autofill (on the left side), click Passwords.
  5. Click the eye icon next to the appropriate entry.

Do you see your Hotmail account there?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Its just saying "No saved passwords. Chrome can check your passwords when you save them"
Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Then I am afraid there are no ways to recover the old Hotmail account. I know this isn't the answer you'd hoped for, and I wish there were a quick fix for this problem. But please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you understand it is out of my control that you need to have access to your recovery mail account to recover the Hotmail account. I make every effort to provide you with exceptional support. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thank you.

Expert:  Anas replied 21 days ago.

Please click the link below for detailed instructions from Microsoft regarding the account recovery form.