Bing
Bing, Computer Scientist
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD / MCSE
96068672

Kamil We have to change the router for a rented

Customer Question

Hi Kamil
We have to change the router for a rented accommodation however if we change the router we do not have the Wifi configuration so this will not work
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  Bing replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, an independent technical support website. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to be assisting you today.

Can I see a photo showing how the original symptom looks like from your side?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (Q4S3TVL)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
My devise (router) needs changing as it’s old now and faultyI need to know ether when installing a new router we can configure it to work with the Wifi setup without a password ?
Expert:  Bing replied 9 days ago.

You don't need to know the old Wi-Fi password ***** replacing the old router with a new Wi-Fi router.

Just set up a new password ***** configuring the new Wi-Fi router, any password ***** like.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We need to change the current router to a new one as the internet connection disconnects and we need to reboot to keep the Wifi going at the moment
When changing the router (router we can factory reset) to a new router we need it to be able to connect to the existing Wifi set up but we cannot as we don’t have the Wifi configuration details so it won’t work aa we cant configure so that the new router now works with the Wifi network
Basically on changing the new router existing Wifi won’t workDon’t have any passwords for configuration and resetDo you understand ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is the current router
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We only want to change the router as it’s not functioning properly but want to keep the Wifi already installedCurrent router = need to reboot for Wifi to functionInstall a New router = don’t have Wifi configuration details for current set up so it won’t workI have an internet company that supply the internet via satellite (radio) and they say they don’t deal with my network (another company did)We carried on the contract with the internet supplier (when we purchased the property )who recently increased the speed from 50 mb to 200 mbI told them that since you increased the speed the current router has not been able to cope with the load they won’t admit itThey now want me to sign up another contract for my internal internet Setup I don’t want toI want to continue using the Wifi system in place but I’m stuck because when I change the router to a new one the Wifi won’t workI will send you their reply so you can see that they advised. As mentioned they want me to go into another contract with them I don’t want toIf someone can configure the old Wifi with the new router I will install it will do the job
Expert:  Bing replied 9 days ago.

I guess the one shown in the photo is the old router?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
which we are needing to constantly reboot to ensure Wifi functions)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Response after a site survey
Expert:  Bing replied 9 days ago.

Do you mean its Wi-Fi may work for a while rebooting it? If yes, then it does mean it got some kind of hardware issue. You use the LAN ports to keep the Internet connection when replacing it with a new router.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please see the last attachment sentWe need to reboot the cyberoam router to keep the Wifi working
Expert:  Bing replied 9 days ago.

I am a bit confused now.

Do you mean its Wi-Fi may work for a while rebooting it then it may disconnect automatically for no reason?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The Wifi May work for a while then internet disconnects and we need to reboot the router to get the Wifi working again and then after while it happens againCould we call to discuss ?
Expert:  Bing replied 9 days ago.

Sure. Please request a phone call from your side. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Before I request a call did you see the attachment sentDid you understand what the problem is ?
Expert:  Bing replied 9 days ago.

If I understood correctly, the problem is that your Wi-Fi may work for a while rebooting it then it may disconnect automatically for no reason, and you are looking for a solution to get a stable Internet connection.

Correct?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The router needs rebooting (old or faulty) when the Wifi connection disconnects
After rebooting the router the Wifi starts working again then stops after a few hours and same processDid you understand the attachment someone sent me in regards ***** ***** problem when he investigated the issue ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m not very tech so hence the confusion !
Expert:  Bing replied 9 days ago.

The given photos do not have all details because not all (on and off) LED indicators are clearly captured.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (S74S26M)
Expert:  Bing replied 9 days ago.

The LEDs show the WAN (internet) connection is off. Is it actually connected?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When the router stops working this happens
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have been waiting several hours for a call which was requested 6 hours ago
Expert:  Bing replied 8 days ago.

I am sorry about that but I just double-checked the question history and didn't see you have requested a phone call for this question. Can you please double check?